Therapeutic Foster Care
Therapeutic Foster Care
A loving foster parent means the world to a child – what could it mean to you? At Brighter Heights Arizona, we provide fostering services based on the belief that a caring relationship is each child’s greatest resource. We work with families to coach, support, and co-parent children who otherwise struggle, helping to fulfill our mission of improving lives and our communities.
Our Therapeutic Foster Care (TFC) services are for children and families who require extra support to learn and thrive in traditional home settings. Therapeutic Foster Care services are funded through each child’s AHCCCS Behavioral Health plan and is individualized to the strengths of each of our foster children and foster families. Our foster families receive extensive pre-placement and ongoing trainings on the most trauma-informed and effective strategies to work with foster children who present with clinical or behavioral diagnoses. Our TFC Providers have extensive experience in the field and are experts at finding ways to support children and families during this challenging treatment phase – sometimes with the support and co-parenting of their families and sometimes working directly with the Department of Child Safety.
What Does a Foster Parent Do?
Foster Parents can have a lifelong impact on the children living in their homes! They work with kids in their care to:
- Successfully reach their treatment goals
- Improve functioning and success
- Help build self-esteem
- Achieve academic success
- Maintain healthy connections with biological families
- Help with the transition out of care
- Support/Coach healthy community and familial relationships in a home setting
What are the Requirements for Fostering?
Brighter Heights Arizona providers training to individuals and families to work with children with special needs. The goal for our foster families and TFC providers is to keep foster children in homes and in communities that mitigate disruption during their time in foster care. TFC Families have experience navigating the behavioral health system and with children and/or Foster Care (usually a minimum of a year of traditional foster care or similar work with children with behavioral issues).
To become part of our network of foster parents you must:
- Be invested in supporting the well-being of foster children
- Have one (1) year of experience providing traditional foster care OR in behavioral health field
- Have stable housing with appropriate sleeping arrangements
- Must be able to obtain fingerprint clearance card
- Be willing to complete or have completed Foster Parent College & the TFC Curriculum Training
- Complete 22 hours of approved mental health training per year after licensure
- Work with the support of a provided Licensing expert and Therapist We currently work with Arizona TFC families throughout the Phoenix area, Prescott, Prescott Valley, Cottonwood, Paulden, Seligman, Kingman, and Lake Havasu City – and we are eager to expand to your community! TFC Specific Contact Info
Heidi Astorga Tiki Brummund
TFC Assistant Director MA, LISAC, BHP – TFC In-Home Therapist
Phone: 928-848-7742 Phone: 928-897-2033
Request More Information
Click the Link Below for Additional Information or
2517 N Great Western Dr, Suite P
Prescott Valley, AZ 86314